This part, entirely written by the author, is consistent with the teaching of J N Darby as to the events to come, but are designed to give
- An overview of prophetic events
- An explanation of happenings of similar character (comings, judgments etc) which Christians often confuse.
SECTION 2 – J N DARBY’s PROPHETIC TEACHING
2.2 The Dispensations
2.3 The Rapture and the Appearing
2.4 Three Judgments
2.5 Israel and the Church – Christ’s Heavenly and Earthly Brides 54
We look at the dispensations, how God has dealt with men at various times. Darby’s dispensational teaching had a profound effect, especially in evangelical circles
Next, we have the difference between the Rapture – the event immediately before us, which I trust every reader of this book eagerly awaits, and the appearing when He comes with His saints to reign in His millennial kingdom.
We now look at three judgments – a frequent cause of difficulty:
- The judgment seat of Christ – when we get the Lord’s view of our lives (I hope we can all include ourselves in this).
- The judgment of the nations (or the judgment of the living) – those people on the earth when He comes to reign.
- The final judgment of evil – and all who have rejected Jesus – the Great White Throne.