|1||The darkest hour, Lord Jesus, that rolled o’er Thy blest head
Called forth the sweetest fragrance that e’er on earth was shed
That cup so full so bitter – the wormwood and the gall –
Directly from Thy Father Thou didst accept it all.
|2||What perfect meek submission!- Thy will, not Mine be done –
Obedience full, unquestioned: perfection of aSon!
Thus prostrate there before Him, Thy sweat as drops of blood –
And so to be the Victim, the spotless Lamb ofGod!
|3||Yet Thou, O holy Suff’rer, couldst “Abba, Father!” cry,
Through all Thy woe abiding in sonship’s perfect tie.
O glorious heav’nly Leader, perfect through suff’ring Thou;
Captain of our salvation! With rev’rent hearts we bow.
|4||Thou hast Thyself, Lord Jesus, our hearts’ affection gained.
How can we give Thee comfort for what Thou hast sustained?
Entire and full devotion alone can worthy be,
Till, love to love responsive, Thy glorious face we see.
Mrs GR Cowell – Little Flock Hymn Book 1951, 1973
You are here: Home / The darkest hour, Lord Jesus
Send me an e-mail:
- About ADOSS – In the Last Days Perilous Times shall Come
- ADOSS Newsletter
- Contact Form
- Darby and Others – Fundamental Truths
- Darby Simplified – Present Hope of the Church
- Darby Simplified – Faith once delivered to the Saints
- Darby Simplified – Irrationalism of Infidelity
- Darby’s ‘A Brief Outline of the Books of the Bible’
- Downloadable Publications
- Glossary of Prophetic Terms
- JND’s Letters
- Links & Resources
- A Day of Small Things
- Faith once delivered to the saints
- Fundamental Truths
- Hymns and Poems
- John Nelson Darby
- Present Hope of the Church
- Simplified Summary – Mackintosh Raven Wigram etc
- The Bible
- The Irrationalism of Infidelity
- About ADOSS - In the Last Days Perilous Times shall Come
- Links & Resources
- Simplified Darby on the Evil of Clericalism - One Man should not Run a Church or Assembly
- J N Darby Letter No. 431- Why I could not be a Baptist. - Believers’ Baptism – Infant Baptism – Household Baptism – the House and the Assembly
- First to the Lord, and to us – Have we had it the Wrong Way Round?
- J N Darby - Echo of Songs in the Night - To live of Thee - Blest Source of Deepest Joy!
- Josiah Condor - Thou art the Everlasting Word
- Raven: I am not a Member of any Company
- Some JND Snippets - From Golden Nugget Number 17
- J N Darby: And shall we see Thy face,
John Nelson Darby JND j n darby jn darby christian walk hope christian assembly Second Coming of Christ rapture hope of the church resurrection church unity church ruin prophecy breaking of bread Monsieur P christendom Resurrection of the Just depart from iniquity church administration Apostasy dispensationalism pre-trib 2 Tim 2:19 premillennialism Judgment of Evil the Day of Small Things God's righteousness dispensational evangelical activity The Irrationalism of Infidelity premillennial body of Christ God's love divided assembly separation from evil righteousness of God God's grace Romans sectarianism Mr B R church islam christian administration Christianity risk